Ephraim Morrison

Possum

Ephraim Morrison

Post by Possum » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:13 am

Greetings!

I found this site & forum today and decided to register. I am hoping someone can help me to link my line and trace it further. Here's what I have:

Thelma Elvessa Morrison - 1894-1935 - My paternal grandmother.
Harvey Louis Morrison - 1858-1937 - paternal great-grandfather
Philander K. Morrison - 1827-1911 - paternal great-great-grandfather
John Thompson Morrison - 1791-1870 - paternal great-great-great grandfather
Ephraim Morrison - 1763-1847 - paternal great-great-great-great grandfather.

And that's where I'm stuck.

If anyone has information that can help me make some connections and trace further back, that would be immensely appreciated!

Thanks!

morrisondna

Re: Ephraim Morrison

Post by morrisondna » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:40 am

Possum, do you have any locations for the early generations?

Possum

Post by Possum » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:28 pm

morrisondna wrote:Possum, do you have any locations for the early generations?
That would have been helpful, wouldn't it? Sorry I didn't think to add that.

The information I have available is as follows:

Ephraim Morrison was born in Salem, Washington, NY and died in Rushford, Allegany, NY. Additionally, when looking for this information this morning, I found another family tree reference that shows his father was Samuel Morrison, born in 1700 in Ireland. I'm still researching this one though. Might not be connected. I'm finding conflicting information between the trees other people have posted online.

John Thompson Morrison was born in Kinsgbury, Washington, NY and died in Fairview, Cotton Township, Switzerland, Indiana

Philander K. Morrison was born in Rushford, Allegany, NY and died in Switzerland County, Indiana

Harvey Louis Morrison was born in Cotton Township, Switzerland, Indiana

Thelma Elvessa Morrison was born near Fairview, Switzerland, Indiana and died in Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio

Thanks in advance for any additional information you may have on any of these individuals.

Possum

Post by Possum » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:11 pm

Possum wrote:Additionally, when looking for this information this morning, I found another family tree reference that shows his father was Samuel Morrison, born in 1700 in Ireland. I'm still researching this one though. Might not be connected. I'm finding conflicting information between the trees other people have posted online.
After looking more closely at this potential connection, I found that this person had made the connection in error. The Samuel Morrison they were looking at did have a son named Ephraim. But that Ephraim died young. So clearly not my Ephraim.

Just further proves how careful one must be when doing genealogical research. Too many people see names that match and click to make the link without scrutinizing the details.