William A. Morrison of Lexington, MO

Londonderry, N. Ireland, and Pennsylvania
kenda

William A. Morrison of Lexington, MO

Post by kenda » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:14 am

Hello,
My father is a member of group P. I am attaching a biographical record about my 3x great grandfather, William A. Morrison, who was born in Pittsburgh, lived in Columbiana County, OH during his childhood, then lived most of his life in Lexington, MO. He thought his ancestors were the New Hampshire Morrisons, but DNA told us that we are actually connected to the PA Morrisons. I have not been able to get back further than William A. Morrison's grandfather. Would appreciate any hints from other Group P cousins.
Attachments
William Morrison Portrait and Biographical record-pg 2.JPG
page 2
William Morrison Portrait and Biographical record.JPG
page 1

CSURam

Re: William A. Morrison of Lexington, MO

Post by CSURam » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:07 am

Kenda - is your DNA number M391? If so, your father and I appear to have matching DNA minus 2 points (I am member M339). I have a bunch of information on the origins of Family P including contact information for several cousins. I am curious where your William and my James align, best I can figure William could be an uncle to my James. My Morrison line comes from two different Morrison lines. The first comes from Scotland thru Ireland thru PA and out into Iowa. The second comes from PA out to Illinois. I have information on both lines I am willing to share with you.

Lee

kenda

Post by kenda » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:24 am

Oh, wow! I wish I had kept checking back here instead of giving up so quickly! Yes, that is my dad's number. I would be very interested in your info! We are so very stuck! Do you have anyone who was in Pittsburgh? That is where the trail goes cold. I did spend a lot of time searching for leads in Drumore, Lancaster Co. area, but could not figure out anything definitive. I am also happy to share anything I have, but I don't know that I have anything very helpful unless your line goes through Columbiana County, Oh. Here is a link to our tree on ancestry: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/60412550 ... &selnode=1 . I have uploaded some different photos, wills, etc.
William A's parents were John and Nancy Barnes Morrison. His father remarried after Nancy died. Johns father was also named William. He was born roughly around 1775. Thanks so much for posting!

CSURam

Post by CSURam » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 am

Shoot me an email at csuram77@gmail.com and I will be happy to share with you what I have.

morrisondna

Post by morrisondna » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:57 pm

Kenda, here is a link with a lot of info on Group P Morrisons in Pennsylvania:

http://www.chartiers.com/beers-project/ ... n-658.html

Edwin

kenda

Post by kenda » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:31 am

This is great stuff, Edwin! Thank you so much for posting it! Very helpful!

Am loving the opportunities of having a board for our group here! Cool to have "met" someone in our group!

morrisondna

Post by morrisondna » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Glad to hear it, Kenda. I look forward to hearing what you learn.