John Cameron Morrison

Isle of Harris, North Uist and Glenelg, Scotland
jcm9026

John Cameron Morrison

Post by jcm9026 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:15 am

I'm looking for anyone who might be able to provide any information as to a Kenneth Morrison
who came from Scotland around 1700 - Settled in Marlboro County, SC - Married a Flora Morrison
Also a Daniel M. Morrison - born 31 Oct 1844 Chesterfield County, SC - married a Martha Jane Cameron
from Richmond County / Rockingham NC... Daniel had 2 son's - John Worthy Morrison, Sr Born 15 Sept, 1873
and a brother Cameron Morrison born 5 Oct 1869 (he was Governor of NC 1921 to 1925.

If any of these people would be in the family tree or have any information about them...I would love to speak with
you.

Thank You,
John Cameron Morrison
jcm9026@bellsouth.net

Glenham

Re: John Cameron Morrison

Post by Glenham » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:15 am

John, if the family story about Flora and her husband Kenneth coming on the same boat (as young children) has any merit, I would think their arrival date more probably about 1800 -1802. If you do have family or other information that supports that Daniel M. was born in Chesterfield Co. , I am interested in that. I have been to Chesterfield Co and have worked on those Morrisons there. My current thought is the Kenneth we find there in the early years is a different Kenneth, and the Morrisons that remained there after 1850 were his descendants. Bud Morrison, for whom a recent DNA match was done, is placed in Group J2 by Ed would indicate you are of the same lineage. I think Bud's line is traceable back to a Kenneth in Chesterfield Co.
1850 Census for Chesterfield Co. SC. (note to find him in Ancestry you have to use the single "r" spelling.)
Name Age
Kenneth Morison 79
Doratha Morison 27
Daniel Morison 24
Angus Morison 22
Flora Shaw 56
Since Chesterfield is a "burned county", pre Civil War records are hard to come by and make working there more difficult. Let me know what you have that might bear on this. Thanks, Glenn