Group E Origins

New York
morrisondna

Group E Origins

Post by morrisondna » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:17 am

Group E is represented by both the names Morrissey and Morrison. The family, which may have originated in Ireland, settled in New York State in the early 1800's.

georgeetta

Re: Group E Origins

Post by georgeetta » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:44 pm

my cousins hubby was Morrissey of Rensselaer NY .

makes sense as he was not ..particularly Irish looking at first glance ..ie year to ..marry other NY'ers ..
Dutch, German or Irish .

th
d

MarkEMorrison

Post by MarkEMorrison » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 pm

I am Mark Morrison, currently living in Tucson, AZ. My great-grandfather was John Morrison, born in Troy, Rensselear County, New York on July 11, 1846. He married Mary Ellen Phelps on August 5, 1845. I have been searching for years to find the parents of this John Morrison, but so far have been unable to find them. I'm hoping someone here might have that information and be willing to share it with me. Also, I have been wondering if participating in the Morrison Clan DNA testing project might shed light on John Morrison and his parents. Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help.

morrisondna

Post by morrisondna » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Mark, most Morrisons participating in the project find matches with other Morrison families. These matches are often helpful in determining deeper Morrison ancestry, whether through connections with other Morrisons who lived in the same vicinity as their earliest known ancestor or through connections with Morrisons who connect generations earlier. It is certainly worth a try for any serious researcher.