Bryson to Brice to Price

General discussion.
Raywanuch

Bryson to Brice to Price

Post by Raywanuch » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:21 am

My birth name was Clark Raymond Price, my adopted name is Raymond Wanuch. I had my DNA tested through Family Tree and my haplogroup is DF85 but cannot find anyone in Ireland who is closely related. The majority of my matches are Irish and then Scotish, welsh, and then English. I am certain I am not a welsh Price and came across this forum with the Price name deriving from Brice, Bryce, Bryson, Morrison all coming from O'Muirasain. We know of a common ancestor, Edmund Price who emigrated to New York City from Wales in the 1700s and was a loyalist in the American Revolution and ended up settling in New Brunswick, Canada. All the children then left went into the states and my line ended up in Alberta, Canada where I live today in Edmonton, Alberta. I'm trying to determine which county in Ireland my family came from and if there are close relatives I can begin converting with. Thanking you in advance for any assistance you can help me with.

morrisondna

Re: Bryson to Brice to Price

Post by morrisondna » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:07 pm

Ray, detailed level SNP testing can provide the most definitive results for finding your closest paternal-line relatives. If you would like to join the Morrison DNA Project through FTDNA, I would be happy to take a look at the testing you have done so far and offer suggestions.
Edwin Holcombe
Administrator, Morrison DNA Project