Which crest for shirts?

General discussion.
mikem

Which crest for shirts?

Post by mikem » Thu May 29, 2014 1:16 am

I'm interested in screen printing some shirts to sell at the Clan Morrison booth in the Pleasanton, California, Scottish Gathering and Games (actually, I'll just be making them...). I'd spoken with the person running the booth last year, about making some shirts for this year, but can't seem to find his contact information at the moment (Perhaps someone can help me with that as well). Anyway, he had told me that he didn't think Clan Morrison Society North America would allow him to sell shirts with the "Dun Eistein" crest, which is the one I would like to make (I already have a couple shirts with the "Teaghlach Phabbay" crest). I only have 2 screens and plan to make a 2 color design, so I can't do two versions.

Thanks for your help,

Mike Morrison
Pleasanton, CA
Last edited by mikem on Thu May 29, 2014 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

mikem

Re: Which crest for shirts?

Post by mikem » Thu May 29, 2014 1:52 am

Oh, one more question: The person running the booth had seen a crest with a larger dagger, more a short sword, and wanted to do something along those lines for the shirts. Will that be a problem? Thanks again --Mike.

morrisondna

Post by morrisondna » Thu May 29, 2014 10:53 am

The Chief of Clan Morrison has on his arms granted by Lord Lyon a motto, "Teaghlach Phabbay", and a slogan, "Dun Eistein". Lord Lyon defines the clansman's badge as bearing either the motto or the slogan of the clan chief. Examples are shown on the banner for this forum.

morrisondna

Post by morrisondna » Thu May 29, 2014 11:06 am

The crest should show a dagger, not a sword, according to the arms granted to the chief by Lord Lyon. For a full heraldic description, see clanmorrison.net .

mikem

Post by mikem » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:57 am

Thanks for your help! I'll send you a shirt for the assistance, if you like. duneistein@yahoo.com

rlovell22

Post by rlovell22 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:38 pm

www.CelticJackalope.com sells the Teaghlach Phabbay shirts. They have made a Dun Eistein with archaeological dig emblem on the face for us to sell. $10.50 each for 25 or more. Sizes over XL are a bit more. Add shipping. I ask $20 for each. Good Haynes black pre shrunk T shirts. Phone 626 335 8069 in Glendora CA. Jeff Moore established this design when he was Chairman.
Rich Lovell NW Seneschal.