Hoping to contact anyone about ROBERT M013

Londonderry and Ballymoney Parish, Co. Antrim, N. Ireland; Massachusetts and Pennsylvania
AlvinHamblenMorrison

Hoping to contact anyone about ROBERT M013

Post by AlvinHamblenMorrison » Tue May 19, 2015 4:09 am

I just arrived at Group C, and found my certain 5-Greats Grandfather William, and apparently my 6-Greats Grandfather Robert and my C1 "Ancestor" too! However, I very much hope to contact whoever knows anything about M013 / 27142 ROBERT Morrison (Derry to Boston c.1730). He appears to be my 6-Greats GF, and the FATHER of M334 / 200103 WILLIAM Morrison. My own Y-37 Markers are identical except in four markers with "Ancestor", ROBERT, and WILLIAM, differing only 2 markers with "Ancestor", 3 markers with ROBERT, and 2 markers with WILLIAM, all in late PANEL 2 and mid PANEL 3. We are all together in the HAPLOGROUP R-U 106. ANY INFO ABOUT ROBERT MORRISON M013 / 27142 WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Many thanx, and Cheers to Research! Alvin Hamblen Morrison <mawushen@maine.rr.com>

morrisondna

Re: Hoping to contact anyone about ROBERT M013

Post by morrisondna » Tue May 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Alvin, congratulations on your match with Group C. For some basic info on Robert Morrison, see Leonard Morrison's book on the Morrison family, which is available online.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Th ... IAAJ&hl=en

It appears that Group C has deeper connections in Lanarkshire, Scotland, but there is room for further research on that.

Edwin

jeddymo

Re: Hoping to contact anyone about ROBERT M013

Post by jeddymo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:51 pm

Dear Alvin
Sorry about not replying sooner. I am M013 and I just now registered for this forum. Our line is not represented in the Leonard book, but there is a great genealogy "Strobridge-Morrison" which dates from 1891 back to 1740 when Robert came to New England. We still don't have a definitive connection, but all points to Scotch Irish around Londonderry and possibly Ballymoney. Possibly you have communicated with Colleen who is publishing a book shortly and has a good deal to discuss considering our DNA connections. Would be happy to communicate further with you. Just retired back to my own roots in St. Louis from New England.
Jim Morrison