If you are a genetic R-M222 Morrison ...

D-Morrison

If you are a genetic R-M222 Morrison ...

Post by D-Morrison » Wed May 07, 2014 8:42 pm

We of the M222 haplogroup are a Morrison minority, but there are quite a few of us, and at FTDNA the M222 project is among the hottest and most active of all projects.

Iain Kennedy is a leader of the M222 project and he has developed an M222 genetic tree: http://www.kennedydna.com/M222.pdf And as an M222 you could be on that tree, too.

D-Morrison

Re: If you are a genetic R-M222 Morrison ...

Post by D-Morrison » Sat May 10, 2014 1:30 am

Ordinarily I am not a big talker, but on this occasion let me open my mouth and make some perhaps introductory comments about the R-M222 haplogroup, of which apparently quite a few Morrisons belong to.

The nations known as Ireland and Scotland are each about 1,000 years old, but the genetic haplogroup known as M222 is known to be at least 2,000 years old and perhaps much older.

The point being that the islands now known as Ireland and Scotland are separated by only some 50 or 60 miles of ocean waterway, and that waterway was once considered to be something of a superhighway for boat traffic. And so there has historically been very considerable migration between the Hebrides, Ireland and Scotland during the past 2,000 years or more.