I've been able to expand the information I have on Guyon's family, and parents:
Guyon's father was John (James) Morrison 1650-1735. He was born in Aberdeen, Scotland. Both John and his father James (Capt. James H Morrison 1628-1735) fought in Ireland in the 1680's against the King.
John Morrison married 1st wife Mary Wallace and had it seems four children by her:
(1) James Morrison, born in Ireland in 1675, died 1756 in Londonderry, New Hampshire.
(2) John Thomas Morrison, born in Ireland in 1678, died 14 Jun 1776 in Peterborough, N.H.
(3) Halbert Morrison, born in Ireland (1685?), died 6 Jun 1755 in Londonderry, N.H.
(4) Martha Morrison, born in Ireland (1685?), married Thomas Steele, died 22 Oct 1759 in Londonderry, N.H.
John Morrison married his second wife Lady Janette Ellis Steele (born 1654), Daughter of John Steele, Jr and Mary (Warner) Hills
They had five children:
(1) Guyon (Gavin) born in Ireland in 1705
(2) Samuel Morrison, born in Ireland in 1710, died 21 Jun 1802 in Londonderry, N.H.
(3) Hannah Morrison, born in Ireland about 1716, married Wm. Clendennin, 7 Jan 1802 in Londonderry, N.H.
(4) Mary Morrison, born in Ireland about 1718, married Andrew Jack, died ?
(5) Joseph Morrison, born 1720 (sources say on board the ship headed to New Hampshire), died in Londonderry, N.H. 1807.
John Morrison married his third wife Janet Gilchrist and had 5 more children:
John Thomas Morrison (was captured at the Battle of Preston, Lancashire along with 300 other rebels, and sent to America in 1716. John's other sons preceded their father to Londonderry New Hampshire, probably arriving in 1718 or 1719.
John Morrison, with wife Jeanette Steele, sailed to America in 1720.
I hope this is helpful. I'm now in my 11th year of research and I'm still finding new, and sometimes contradictory information regarding the Morrisons and their travails.
Felix (Fil) Morrison