Ancestry

Ancestry

Postby stephed531 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:50 pm

I've been trying to research my family's ancestry but I'm hitting a wall. The males in my Morrison family all had common names such as Edmond, George, etc and unfortunately my family has very little birth, death, marriage, etc data for me to cross reference. I've been told all my life I'm Scottish but after talking with some cousins, they mentioned they thought we were Irish. Am I out of luck to ever trace back my origins?
stephed531

Re: Ancestry

Postby morrisondna » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:00 am

There are many Irish Morrisons who are descended from Scottish lines from the 1600's Plantation of Ulster, but there are other Morrisons in Ireland who do not have a Scottish connection. If you would like to contact me with specifics that you have on your line, I would be glad to offer a suggested path for research.

Edwin Holcombe
Administrator, Morrison DNA Project
www.geneticousins.com/morrison
morrisondna

Re: Ancestry

Postby stephed531 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Thank you! I would appreciate any help I can get. I'm very interested in my ancestry but like I said, I don't have much information to help with the search. Would you like me to email you what I have? Also, I saw something about the DNA project. Would that help me in any way?
stephed531

Return to Genealogy